It is then and only then that you truly become conscious of the unrelenting passage of time. From the moment the sun’s flaming crown appears to skim the surface of the water on the horizon to the moment when it vanishes from view, time seems to speed up. No matter how many sunsets I have seen, disappearing behind mountain tops or into the distant waves, behind city buildings or country roads, they all carry within their beauty the fleeting sorrow of yet another day coming to an irretrievable end. That indeterminable feeling of awe at aesthetic perfection and melancholy combined is something I experience each time I view a sunset. Everywhere except here. From the pool area of the Mykonos Grand, perched above the beach of Ayios Yiannis, opposite sacred Delos. In this small corner of the globe, where as newlyweds we gazed out at our first sunset on our magical Mykonos honeymoon, melancholy becomes warmth, hope for what’s to come, joy for the night that has just begun, anticipation for the bright light of the next day’s sun. It is here that I long to return. Again and again. To relive the romance of our Mykonos honeymoon. To be able to seize the day without hesitation. To take pleasure in whatever nature puts forward without being weighed down by heavy thoughts. To taste both day and night and immerse myself in all they have to offer. This summer I will do just that, in this Mykonos luxury hotel once again. And this time I will capture the moment and take it home with me. The Mykonos Grand sunset contest is my joyful incentive. And if I win, well then my joy will be even greater. To participate in the Mykonos Sunset contest, like the Mykonos Grand facebook page: Contest Rules:
- – Photos must be taken within the hotel premises, including the hotel beach and should include a part of our resort during sunset.
- – The photographer must have stayed at the hotel.
- – The competition runs from March 1 to December 10, 2013. On November 25 we will announce the Top 10 photos and on December 15 we will announce the winner on our Facebook site.
- – Guests may enter their photo by November 15, but remember, the sooner you enter, the longer you have to gain votes!
- – The best photo will be judged based on: 1) Τhe inspiring background of the resort, 2)Photographic technique
- – Software editing of photographs is not permitted
- – The topic should be evident in the photograph
- – Creative approaches are welcome
- – Guests may post only 1 picture (a single image) – [Posts with more than 1 pic will be disqualified]
- – The top 10 photos will be selected according to the ones with the most likes. The winning photo will be selected by a 2-member committee consisting of Mr. George Lizardos, a top Greek photographer, Mr. Costas Charbilas, a well-known graphic designer.
The winner will be awarded a “Shirley Valentine” package. This exciting package makes you the “actors” of your own “movie”, just like the one that was filmed on our hotel beach, and includes:
- – 3 nights accommodation for two in a luxurious Superior Sea View room with SPA Bathrooms: egg-shaped deep soaking tub, separate walk-in rain shower and a relaxing steam cabin
- – 3 extra days (6 days in total)
- – Daily Champagne American buffet breakfast
- – Transportation upon arrival and departure
- – A 4-course sunset dinner on the beach with bonfire
- – A bottle of French Champagne during the dinner on the beach
- – A rose petal turndown service after the dinner on the beach
- – A DVD of the movie as a memory to last
Total value of above package is 3,000 Euros Valid dates: 25 April – 6 June & 24 September – 15 October 2014 (upon availability) Participants must provide the following information when submitting their photo entry:
- Photo Title, check-in date at our resort, name under which their reservation was made, room number they stayed at, an email address.
Last but not least: Don’t forget to share with your friends so they can vote for you! Hope you enjoy the contest and can’t wait to see your sunset photos! PS: The hotel reserves the right to disqualify any photo if entrants did not stay at the hotel or if photos are not decent/respectful. The hotel reserves the right to amend official competition rules and to permanently disqualify any individual it believes has intentionally violated said rules.